so i bought this old NSYNC album from the Bins, and inserted it into my computer to rip the songs off of it
and this is what pops up
‘N Sync Multimedia & Web Sites! (i couldn’t open whatever this was, sadly)
yes ladies, folks, and gentlemen… not only do you get all the benefits of an NSYNC Music CD, you also get FREE AOL Installer and a FREE QuickTime 2.5 Installer! but that’s not all!! opening “weblink.htm” gives us the following EXCITING HTML PAGE……
50! FREE! HOURS! OF! AMERICA! ONLINE!!!
oh and after like 20 seconds the “Wait!” page redirects to this:
PEEPS Republic……….. never forget
Not a god damn thing.
(For anyone who doesn’t know me: I’m the one who wrote the Monosexual Privilege Checklist).
Monosexual privilege is NOT about:
- Gay and lesbian people oppressing bi people
- Gay and lesbian people being unconditionally privileged
- Biphobic stereotypes in gay and lesbian communities
That would be STUPID, because:
- Gay and lesbian people don’t have the structural power or ability to cause systematic oppression of bi people
- Gay and lesbian people are severely oppressed by heterosexism, homophobia and lesbophobia
- Stereotypes, in and of themselves, are not a form of oppression
- Saying all that would mean unfairly scapegoating gay and lesbian people for things they don’t have the capacity to do
What monosexual privilege IS about:
- Structural oppression of bi people!
- Structural oppression of bi people!!
- Structural oppression of bi people!!!
- Structural oppression of bi people!!!!
- Structural oppression of bi people!!!!!
- The kind that comes from heterosexism
- And straight culture
- Which is systematic
- And which gay and lesbian people often - but not always - collaborate with
- But are not the origin of
- The kind of structure that privileges straight people like a 100000000000 times more
- But also privileges gay and lesbian people for being monosexual
- But does not make them the oppressors
The purpose of the Monosexual Privilege Checklist is:
- To draw attention to the fact that oppression against bi people is systematic
- And is performed by heterosexual society
- To call people out for thinking that biphobia is something that only happens in gay and lesbian communities
- To place the fault where it really is: STRAIGHT SOCIETY
Now DO ME A FAVOR - if you’re going to accuse the Monosexual Privilege Checklist of being homophobic or what-not, at least have the decency to mention that I - the author - said it meant the exact opposite.
pretty pleased to find out that there exists a band named Margaret Thrasher
Shimura tatsumi (1907-1980)
is known for designing several striking bijin-ga prints towards the end of the shin hanga movement. Born in Takasaki, Gunma, Shimura’s real name was Sentaro. Shimura devoted his career entirely to Nihonga, or Japanese style painting.
(NOW WITH HELLA UPDATES AND FIXED LINKS)
Losing interest in male fronted bands/anything men do in general so I’ve been making a point of searching for music/things done by non-men, especially queers. It’s sad I feel I have to go looking ‘cause everything is so male dominated - whether it’s music or art or anything that interests me. I feel more and more adverse to things created from an all male perspective as it doesn’t speak to me and I don’t really care anymore either after too much of the information I processed over a life time being controlled by men. This even goes for the music I throw myself around pits to. Plus powerful, pissed off non-bro vocals feel like they’re coming from a place in my guts when I listen to them.
I compiled a little list of some of my favourite female fronted and queer/feminist/trans* inclusive bands for Alexi but I thought I’d post it here because I want more suggestions. I need more heavy trans*/queer bands plz.. Also while female fronted is a good start, bands without any cis/straight dudes at all would also be good to support.
O’ God the White Whale
Slowa We Krwi
The Atomic Tanlines
La Misma (link?)
From The Depths
Heart Shaped Hate
FDB (Fucking Dyke Bitches)
Sleep Spindle (link?)
Maid of Ace
Ten Speed Bicycle
Code Orange Kids
My First Failure
Flagitious Idiosyncrasy In The Dilapidation
Made Out Of Babies
The Dog Bones
Appalacian Terror Unit
The Tangled Lines
First World Problems
The Blue Screen Of Death
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE SUGGESTIONS AND GENERAL ENTHUSIASM! Keep checking back to this original post ‘cause I’m still adding more. :3
upsides of not getting a job:
- i can do whatever i want with my hair
- smoke weed errday #420 #swag
- TONS OF FREE TIME 2 ROB BANKS AND KISS PEOPLE
i had a dream a few nights ago that horse_ebooks wasn’t a real robot and all the tweets were written by this asshole guy who just wanted to sell everyone t-shirts and there was an iNTERNET SCANDAL about it and i was really mad and disappointed
updated summer plan:
- take art classes at PNCA / Newspace
- improve cooking skills
- get my fucking medical bullshit in order, find a therapist/psychiatrist in the Portland area finally, goddamn
- maybe do some activist stuff
- have good times and exist